Par Equity LLP
Par Equity is an active, hands-on investor, capable of taking the lead position on Seed to Series A investment rounds.
Based in Edinburgh, we focus on companies located in Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North of England. We can often participate in, and sometimes lead, follow-on investment rounds, meaning that we offer long term financial backing alongside our wider strategic support of businesses. We have a successful track record of taking early-stage tech companies from idea to exit and being held up as regional or global leaders in their respective categories.
What you can expect from Par Equity:
- When we invest, we make a commitment to accelerate your business through the guidance, support, and trust of the Par Equity team and our extensive network of industry-professionals.
- We understand the challenges that B2B tech companies face in procurement processes, sales cycles, and tech integration and we are experienced in helping companies with firmware and hardware componentry. We have a strong track record supporting our portfolio to overcome these hurdles among others.
- We always seek to appoint a Par Investor Director and Observer to your company’s board, providing guidance and counsel to your management team and bringing strategic thinking to the business.
- We have access to new talent and relationships as and when your business needs it, fuelled by our extensive network of head-hunters, recruiters, regional chairs, and universities.
- We take an active role in your follow-on funding needs. We will with you to find new investors, and we regularly follow our money to support our portfolio companies.
- We care about ESG and, as steering committee members of ESG_VC, we encourage active discussions on ESG specific to your company, annually reviewing your progress and helping to set objectives.
- We support our portfolio companies with market expansion, most recently helping TriVirum grow their US presence.
- We hold annual events across the entire Par Equity ecosystem, allowing portfolio companies to create valuable relationships that drive business forward.
What we look for:
- Based in the North of the UK
- B2B focused
- IP driven / Applied Deep Tech
- Seed to Series A
- £0.5m to £10m total raise
- We’re seeking proven commercial demand, with monthly revenues of more than £20k.
In line with our ESG investment policy, we will not invest in companies that:
- Encourage the consumption of tobacco, alcohol and gambling.
- Are directly involved in animal testing.
- Are selling technology for applications in weaponry.