Web Manager (FTC March 2026)
Web Manager (FTC March 2026)
Purpose of the role
Working as part of a UK-wide Reach and Engagement team, the Online Experience team are integral to all departments, ensuring that relevant Innovate UK KTN audiences are offered a fully engaging and valuable online experience into the innovation ecosystem in the UK.
Acting as both gatekeepers and brand ambassadors, the team are continually looking for ways to evolve and improve IUK KTN’s positioning online.
This is a content management focussed role. As part of the web team you will work efficiently and effectively with our communications managers, technical experts (Knowledge Transfer Managers) and Event Managers to upload and manage the day to day requests across our suite of websites across IUK KTN.
Roles & Responsibilities
As part of the web team, you will:
- Be a first responder to Innovate UK KTN’s digital channels
- Support Innovate UK KTN business teams with their regular communications, uploading content to the content management system(s)
- Work with the online experience team to monitor brand, content and overarching experience across online and event activity
- Support with in-depth data monitoring, analysis and reporting per campaign, per team or across the business as required
- Support the online experience, social, CRM and campaigns teams, to initiate and explore ideas and opportunities for engaging new and relevant audiences
- To advocate and promote best practise online across Innovate UK KTN
Experience & Skills
• Some editorial experience would be an advantage
• Project or product coordination
• Experience working in a cross-functional team
• Experience in managing dynamic websites and continuous flow of web content
• Experience of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager would be a bonus
• Good working knowledge of online user experience
• Knowledge of SEO
• Strong communication skills
• Organisational and planning skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure
Benefits & how to apply
- This role has a salary of £28,968 to £31,000 pa depending on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 10.5 bank and public holidays
- Enhanced Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Thursday 12th October, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
Interviews to be held w/c 16th and 23rd October.
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
This role will be based in our Edinburgh office with flexibility to work from home.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Innovate UK KTN
We connect ideas, people, and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. Innovate UK KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking – accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development, and innovation.