Knowledge Transfer Manager Global Alliance (FTC March 2025)
Purpose of the Role
The Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM) – Global Alliance will deliver Innovate UK KTN’s global programmes that foster the advancement and exploitation of UK research and innovation for the strategic objectives of growing the UK economy and/or tackling global development needs.
Please note this position is being recruited for a fixed term basis to 31/03/2025.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- To be an active team member responsible for the successful and timely delivery of Innovate UK KTN’s international project portfolio, with a particular focus and responsibility in the Global Expert Missions programme.
- Lead the delivery of individual Global Expert Missions to key partner countries of the UK and confidently engage with external stakeholders.
- The post-holder will assume some sector responsibilities in one or more of the following, digital & creative industries, infrastructure, mobility, material & manufacturing, chemistry & biotechnology and sustainability.
- Delivery of Innovate UK KTN KPIs, project reports, proposals and CRM contents from the Global Expert Mission programme.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To be an active team member in delivering Innovate UK KTN’s Global Expert Missions programme. This will include leading the organisation of individual missions in partnership with in-country partners, overseas travel for delegation activities, reporting and capturing mission outcome.
- To produce and disseminate Global Expert Mission reports with a balance of strategic and technical depth, by working effectively with internal and external technical experts.
- To build and maintain effective professional relationships with all stakeholder groups, including public, business and third sectors, in order to successfully deliver Innovate UK KTN’s strategy and international programmes.
- To directly engage with businesses and provide support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections and facilitating international collaborations.
- To lead and follow-up on activities resulting from a Global Expert Mission to ensure outcomes are tracked and captured accordingly. This includes measuring project KPIs and seeking case studies to ensure wider impact.
- To work closely with the programme lead to improve the delivery and impact of the Global Expert Missions Programme.
Experience & Skills
- Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering, science or business disciplines, with a strong ability in written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering results in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder environment across different sectors and internationally.
- Strong project management experience with a recognised project management qualification such as Prince2, APM or PMP. Equivalent experience in managing international projects will also be considered.
- A good understanding of the UK and international innovation landscape with an acumen or experience in business growth and development.
- Experience in forging business and public-sector stakeholder relationships at all levels with a good professional profile and network.
- Strong ability in written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrable experience in producing reports with a balance of strategic and technical depth by working with internal and external technical experts.
- A highly motivated, self-starting and result-oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver economic and societal impacts through international innovation partnerships.
- An effective communicator comfortable engaging with international partners with a well-developed written and verbal skills. Ability to translate and disseminate complex topics for a broad audience.
- Able to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities of stakeholders across a range of technical and/or industrial disciplines.
- Highly analytical and numerate with the ability to think strategically.
- Willingness and the ability to undertake regular domestic and international travel.
- High level of IT literacy, excellent organisational skills, and attention to detail.
Benefits & how to apply
- This role has a salary of £32,742 to £42,000 pa depending on experience
- 28 days annual leave plus 10.5 bank and public holidays
- Enhanced Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This is a fixed term contract until the end of March 2025.
This advert will close on Friday 16th June though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
First stage interviews to be held w/c 26th June
Second stage interviews to be held w/c 3rd July
Please apply by submitting a tailored cover letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your CV outlining your experience.
The postholder will be home based (UK) or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices with frequent UK travel.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided. Unfortunately, owing to the high number of applications received, we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please contact the Recruitment Team by email to email@example.com.
Innovate UK KTN strives to be a diverse and inclusive place where we can all be ourselves. We welcome everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of colour, LGBTQ+ community, women, disabled people, people of any age or family status. We know that diversity makes us stronger and we strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to removing barriers for individuals with conditions, illnesses or disabilities and we will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process, and in their future role.
If you would like to request any reasonable adjustment, for any part of the recruitment process (including application), please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.