Insect protein – Innovation and collaboration opportunities for Africa and the UK
If you’re interested in insect protein innovation in the UK or Africa, this event is for you.
Insect protein could be a game changer when it comes to alternative protein sources, particularly for animal feed, but also for us to include in our diet. Insect protein has real potential to help the AgriFood sector to become more sustainable and reduce its environmental impact.
Join us to discuss how we can make the most of innovation and collaboration opportunities around insect protein.
- To get a clear overview of the insect production sector in the UK and Africa
- To learn about trends, opportunities and challenges that could inform and inspire your innovative insect project
- To make connections with other innovators you could collaborate with
Webinar recordings are now available
What to expect?
- You’ll hear from research and industry experts about insect production in the UK and Africa.
- You’ll take part in an interactive session where we’ll talk about trends, opportunities and challenges and learn from each other.
- You’ll be able to schedule one to one meetings with other attendees you are interested in meeting.
The full line-up of speakers will be announced shortly.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Thomas Farrugia | Beta Bugs, UK
- Prof. Joshua O. Ogendo | Egerton University, Kenya
- Betty Kibaara, Director | Food Initiative at The Rockefeller Foundation
- Andrea Jagodic | Mana Biosystems Ltd, UK and Kenya
Follow #InsectProteinInnovation on Twitter and LinkedIn for more updates on insect protein.
This event is part of AgriFood Africa Connect.
Agrifood Africa Connect
AgriFood Africa Connect brings innovative people and organisations across the UK and Africa together to address key AgriFood challenges in Africa. We build diverse connections across the UK and Africa to drive positive change that aligns with the UK’s Overseas Development Assistance goals.