Applying to, and working at, KTN
The Innovate UK KTN Behavioural Framework has been developed to support our organisational goals, values, and culture through our people.
Under 5 common Behavioural Themes, each role across all levels in the organisation is provided with examples of the behaviours you would be expected to demonstrate for us to be successful. It is a set of commitments which support HOW we will go about achieving the WHAT it is we want to achieve. This framework helps define what ‘great’ looks like, and how, together, we will deliver on our strategy.1. Collaboration & Communication2. Governance & Controls3. Implementation & Leading4. Innovation & Improvement5. Strategy & Change
We encourage you to ask yourself…
- Do you value diversity of opinions, ideas, skills and perspectives?
- Do your values align with those of Innovate UK KTN and can you visualise yourself delivering your role using the behaviours expected of you?
- Do you possess a curious mind, embrace new ideas, and love to utilise insight to uncover opportunity?
- Are you comfortable working across sectors, people, and geographies to drive positive outcomes?
- Are you a problem solver, determined to meet challenges with solutions, and able to think and act beyond expectations?
- Do you want to be part of a team that empowers its members to be creative and innovative in the way they shape the future and deliver positive change?
These are important attributes we look for in our people, so if these resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
Innovate UK KTN has a flexible working policy. We strongly believe that flexible working can increase staff motivation, promote work-life balance, reduce employee stress, and improve performance and productivity.
We provide an exceptional place of work for our exceptional people.
Commitment One: We will embrace diversity and inclusion, enhancing our respectful and trusting culture so that people feel supported and valued and thrive through working together.
Commitment Two: We will enrich our people to develop knowledge, capability, and expertise both for them personally and for Innovate UK KTN and the people we work with.
Commitment Three: We will empower our people to be creative and innovative in the way we shape the future and deliver positive change.
At Innovate UK KTN, and across our Innovate UK system, we are committed to Diversity and Inclusion (D&I). D&I is embedded throughout the projects and programmes we deliver for and with our clients and partners.
We believe in creating an inclusive and diverse workplace culture that empowers all of us to belong, connect and thrive in our work. Each of us have unique perspectives, lived experiences and skills and we are striving to harness the power of that through our commitment to D&I and to making Innovate UK KTN an exceptional place to work for exceptional people.
We acknowledge that the D&I journey is ongoing and we are committed to continual learning and adapting our approach. We welcome you to be part of that journey and drive powerful change, together.
We offer these benefits to employees:
- 28 days annual leave plus 10.5 public and privilege days
- Enhanced pension – up to 10% employer contribution
- Life Assurance – with additional benefits
- Enhanced parental leave
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- MacBook and iPhone – comprehensive training given
- Contribution to home office equipment (if home based)
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme
- Payroll giving (opportunity for you to make a charity donation through payroll)
- Hybrid or remote working (some exceptions)
- Season Ticket Loan
- Zurich Life Assurance Benefits, including access to Virtual GP and Second Medical Opinion
We provide a variety of tools, resources and learning opportunities to support the personal and professional development of our people. In addition to participating in some external course delivery opportunities, we also strongly encourage all our staff to invest in their development through self directed learning which can take many forms such as:
- E-learning Content
- Diversity & Inclusion training sessions
- Leadership Workshops
- Internally delivered blogs written by our ‘experts in the field’
- Forums for internal networking and sharing of expertise and knowledge
- Delivery of ongoing programmes of internally run webinars and workshops
On your first day, you will be given a comprehensive IT induction by a member of our Integrated Systems team. You will have the opportunity to meet colleagues from across the entire organisation through a series of induction sessions including Finance, HR, individual Directorates, and our CEO.
Need support? We can help. We have a number of reasonable adjustments already in place (see below), but this is not limited, and we are here to offer any additional adjustments you may need. Reach out and let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use an Applicant Tracking System (currently Workable) to collate applications for review. We ask you to provide a CV and cover letter, with some additional information on your availability to start and your salary expectations. If you would like to discuss an alternative to this process, please contact email@example.com.
Once we have reached the closing date, applications will be reviewed by the Hiring Team. If your application has not been successful, you will receive a notification by email. If your application is successful, you will be invited to participate in the interview process.
The below is an example of our interview process, it may alter slightly depending on the role you have applied for.
First stage: 30 minute Zoom interview
Second stage: 60 or 90 minute Zoom interview with a presentation we ask you to prepare.
Additional exercise: for some roles, we may ask that you participate in a collaboration exercise. This involves facilitating a short meeting with internal stakeholders on a subject we propose. The purpose of the exercise is to demonstrate your leadership and your ability to involve people in a discussion.
We can already offer the following reasonable adjustments to interview candidates:
- Closed caption on Zoom
- Additional time
- Questions in advance of the interview
- Time and duration of interview
- Interview format
This is not an exhaustive list of the reasonable adjustments that we offer; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual requirements.
CV – There is no right way to present your experience, but the following may help as an outline:
- Current/most recent role at the top
- Bullet point your roles and responsibilities
- Try to avoid acronyms that the reader will not know
- You do not need to include references
Cover letter – This is your chance to pinpoint how your experience, listed on your CV, directly relates to the role you are applying for. Compare the job description to your CV and pick out the relevant skills. Use this as an opportunity to demonstrate why you would like to join our team at Innovate UK KTN, e.g. the sectors we work in, our values, our mission. A CV is a factual document, a covering letter is where you can make it personal.
If you need support with the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to return to our main careers page and view our current open vacancies.
If none of our current vacancies are suitable but you are interested in working at KTN in future, email your resume to be considered for new positions.