KTN is hiring: Knowledge Transfer Manager ‚Äì Health Team
Applications are invited to work with KTN’s Health team. Closing date 30th November 2018.
To support bio-informatics, artificial intelligence, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals industries across the research base, funders and other stakeholders in order to facilitate collaboration and support UK industry. This role would suit an experienced individual with pharmaceutical, informatics and artificial intelligence sector knowledge and particularly related to the early stages of drug discovery and development who can act as a signpost and champion for day-to-day activities.
The role will report to the Head of Health and work closely with the Head of Chemistry and Biotechnology.
Reporting to: Head of Health.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM2)
Salary: ¬£37,088pa-¬£48,936pa (depending on experience)
Location: Home or office based working, with considerable UK travel expected. ¬†
- To effectively deliver against KTN‚Äôs Health, Medical Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals work plans focusing on the needs of early stage bio-informatics, drug discovery and medicines development companies.
- To manage our current Special Interest Group in Artificial Intelligence in Health, and any future related projects.
- To develop relationships with companies, both those with previous contact with KTN and with new companies, in order to widen the scope of our links with industry.
- To seek synergies with other related industries, such as fine chemicals.
- To work closely with Innovate UK, Research Councils and key Charities to support industry relevant initiatives.
- To work with UK medicines businesses to understand how technology innovation could contribute to achieving their business objectives.
- To work across KTN sector groups, particularly responding to new innovations in artificial intelligence, machine learning and other advanced techniques that can impact on the early stage medicines developments whether delivered by small companies or large multinational pharmaceutical businesses.
- To identify and deliver initiatives which can support networking and collaboration within Healthcare and with associated sectors.
- Raise awareness of the KTN within the sector in the UK and beyond.
Deliver agreed business goals for knowledge transfer across the sector. Recommend how the cross-sector capabilities of the KTN could be developed to match the needs of industry.
- Work with key stakeholders to establish and continually update/review the landscape of AI as related to pharmaceuticals companies in the UK. Develop industry networks and contacts within the sector in order to inform key trends analysis.
- Based on discussions and interaction across the KTN recommend how the capabilities of the KTN should be developed to match the needs of industry.
- Advise the KTN Executive on the strategic requirements of industry and national innovation goals for AI as related to informatics in particular and pharmaceuticals development in broad terms, and how the KTN can best support these requirements.
- Support the Health Team in the linking of key sectors across the theme.
For a full job description, please click here.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the UK, as sponsorship is not provided.
Closing date for all applications is Friday 30th November 2018.