BRITE with Innovate UK: Business Research Innovation and Technology Exchange
Find out all you need to know to grow your business with government advice and funding support on 31 May at Oxford Brookes University.
This event features speakers from the government‚Äôs innovation agency Innovate UK, along with its extended family of the Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN), Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) and Satellite Applications Catapult.
Oxfordshire is a vibrant innovation incubator, one of the pinnacles of our digital, manufacturing and knowledge economies. With this diversity, it is also particularly well placed to support business growth in the four key Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) areas – Ageing Society, Artificial Intelligence and Data, Clean Growth¬†and the Future of Mobility. This event is for individuals and businesses keen to explore these areas, get advice and funding support from Innovate UK and those looking to network and share ideas on exciting growth areas. This event is for you if you want to:
- Hear from the Innovate UK family organisations (KTN, EEN and Satellite Applications Catapult) on a range of business support programmes including funding, grant application approaches, presenting your business and managing growth (one to one sessions available subject to availability)
- See showcase businesses interested in or already working in any of the four broad areas outlined by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- Get advice from and about successful start-ups and spinouts
- Explore how working with Oxford Brookes as a university can accelerate growth and competitiveness
- Maximise your growth and funding potential with business development or investment advice
- Meet with researchers and get an insight into the expertise that could expand your business potential
- Network with other businesses and organisations and connect with collaborators and research partners
- Hear about Innovate UK‚Äôs support programmes including advice on writing business plans and funding applications
Along with an introduction to the organisations involved in the funding and support ecosystem, sessions will include:
- Grants, funding and finance: how to write a successful application and secure match funding – KTN and Innovate UK
- Design thinking: the art of human-centred innovation – EEN
- Spinning out -¬†Oxford Brookes Business School
- Deploying the ‚ÄòInnovation Canvas‚Äô – KTN
- ‚ÄòStrategy on a page‚Äô – EEN
Alongside an exciting programme of talks, panel discussions, workshops and tours, BRITE will showcase business and research groups as well as host the Innovate UK support organisations‚Äô stands. If you would like to propose a showcase for your business or innovation ideas, please apply here by 27 May (please note, deadline extended).
This event is free to attend. ¬†You can see the detailed programme and register here.