Horizon Europe Batteries Consortium Building Event
This webinar will highlight funding call topics within Cluster 5, Destination 2 and gives plenty of opportunities to network.
Innovate UK KTN Global Alliance are delighted to invite potential applicants from across EU Member States, Associated states and third Countries, to participate in the Horizon Europe Cluster 5, Destination 2: A competitive and sustainable European battery value chain online event taking place on 8th March 2022
Webinar recording, slides and pitches are now available
Find the slides here.
Find the pitches here.
This event is being organised in close partnership with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), the UK Science and Innovation Network in Poland, as well as National Contact Point colleagues from the National Centre for Research and Development, Poland and Innovate UK.
The webinar will be an opportunity to learn about the upcoming Batteries call topics from the Batteries European Partnership Association (BEPA) and chance to network and join potential consortia for the Horizon Europe Cluster 5 (Climate) Destination 2 Batteries related call topics listed below.
The topics covered (Single stage: Open 28th April 2022)
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-01 Sustainable processing and refining of battery grade graphite (Batteries Partnership) IA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-02 Interface and electron monitoring for the engineering of new and emerging battery technologies (Batteries Partnership) RIA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-03 Furthering the development of a materials acceleration platform for sustainable batteries (combining AI, big data, autonomous synthesis robotics, high throughput testing) (Batteries Partnership) RIA €20m
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-04 Towards creating an integrated manufacturing value chain in Europe: from machinery development to plant and site integrated design (Batteries Partnership) IA €7 to €8m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-05 Next generation technologies for High-performance and safe-by-design battery systems for transport and mobile applications (Batteries Partnership) RIA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-06 Embedding smart functionalities into battery cells (embedding sensing and self-healing functionalities to monitor and self-repair battery cells) (Batteries Partnership) RIA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-07 Digitalisation of battery testing, from cell to system level, including lifetime assessment (Batteries Partnership) RIA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-08 Coordination of large-scale initiative on future battery technologies (Batteries Partnership) CSA €3m
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-09 Physics and data-based battery management for optimised battery utilisation (Batteries Partnership) RIA €5m per projects
- HORIZON-CL5-2022-D2-01-11 CIVITAS 2030 – Coordination and support for EU funded urban mobility innovation CSA €5m
National Contact Point (NCP) 1:1 meetings
There will also be a National Contact Point (NCP) surgery where you can sign up for 1:1 meetings on the afternoon of the event via the event’s online meeting system (called meeting mojo). The following NCPs currently intend to take part:
- Nic Wallet from Innovate UK, United Kingdom
- Magdalena Głogowska from National Centre for Research and Development, Poland
- Aleksandra Miłobędzka from National Centre for Research and Development, Poland
- TBC from Czech Republic
- Henrik Staubo, NCP Transportation & Maritime Sectors from The Research Council of Norway, Norway
- Cagri YILDIRIM (Environment) from Tubitak, Turkey
- Mr. Serhat Melik, Cluster 5 NCP (Transport) from Tubitak, Turkey
- Ms. İpek Ucuncu, Cluster 5 NCP (Transport) from Tubitak, Turkey
- Dr. Hanife Tuzcuoğlu, Cluster 5 NCP (Energy) from Tubitak, Turkey
- TBC from Finland
Who can attend?
This event is suitable for anyone with an interest in collaborating in European Research and Innovation projects and who is looking to submit a proposal idea or join a consortium for one of the forthcoming 2022 Horizon Europe Call topics listed above, Horizon Europe Cluster 5 Climate – Batteries
Why should I attend?
This Horizon Europe Batteries will help you find partners from the UK, Poland, Finland, Czech Republic, Turkey and Norway and beyond to form international collaborations and strategic partnerships. The key focus of the events will be to provide hands-on advice to give you the final boost and get you ready for submission into the forthcoming 2022 Horizon Europe Batteries calls. There will be the opportunity to present a pitch about your project idea or your capability offering, and you’ll be able to talk to pitch presenters and other delegates in small groups and / or in 1-1 meetings. The UK and European NCP Teams and KTN European Programmes Team will also be available for 1-1 meetings to answer any specific or more confidential questions. Make the most of the pitching and 1-1 meeting opportunities and indicate on your registration form whether you wanted to take advantage of these. (Pitches are subject to space availability and pitches of project ideas in particular will be prioritised. We will contact you to confirm your place post registration.)
In the case that we exceed capacity for these events, we will prioritise registrants that are working on or planning to work on a Horizon Europe proposal submission, and we reserve the right to limit the numbers of registrants coming from the same organisation.
*Horizon Europe is the European Funding Framework Programme which follows on from its predecessor Horizon 2020. It will run for seven years from 2021 to 2027. The total budget set for the programme is €95.5 billion. There are six Clusters under Pillar 2: Global Challenges and European Industrial Competitiveness.
All timings are GMT
- 09:30 – Welcome, introduction and aims of the day
Nick Mellors, Regional Manager, Eastern Mediterranean and Central & Eastern Europe | UK Science and Innovation Network & Dr Maria Śmietanka, Deputy Director | Horizon Europe National Contact Point, Poland
- 09:35 – Introduction to Horizon Europe
Jane Watkins, Regional Lead Europe, Innovate UK KTN
- 09:40 – Overview of Cluster 5 batteries work programme (Cluster 5 Destination 2 topics)
Wouter Ijzermans, BEPA Batteries European Partnership Association
- 10:00 – Overview of UK batteries sector & Overview of Polish batteries sector
Ian Whiting, UK BIC & Aleksander Rajch, Director, External Affairs, Board Member | PSPA
- 10:20 – Q&A
Jane Watkins, Innovate UK KTN
- 10:30 -Break
- 10:35 – How to build consortia for Horizon Europe and find the right partners?
Nic Wallet, UK National Contact Point for Climate, Innovate UK
- 10:50 – National Contact Point Services
Magdalena Głogowska, Polish National Contact Point for Cluster 5, National Centre Research and Development, Poland
- 11:00 – H2020 HIDDEN / VTT case studies
Marja Vilkman, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- 11:10 – Break
- 11:15 – Pitches
- 12:00 – Close
- 13:00 – NCP surgery (Meeting Mojo)
Meeting Mojo will be open from 1:00pm – 5:00pm GMT on 8th March 2022.
Innovate UK KTN helps UK companies engage with European funding programmes and help them create collaborations.