Future Flight Cafe: Developing zero emission UAV flight
Join us to hear about project HyStERIAA 2.0 – Hydrogen Storage to Energise Robotics in Air Applications 2.0 – who are creating a scalable, low pressure hydrogen fuel infrastructure to deliver zero carbon electric UAV flight. The new technology will offer longer flight time and greater autonomy.
To develop the project further, the team seek expertise in: (1) Hydrogen drone platforms (or drone platforms looking to use hydrogen); (2) Chemical Producers (for scaling our liquid hydrogen carrier); (3) End users (companies that would benefit from longer flight drones i.e. delivery drones); (4) Additive manufacturers; (5) Hydrogen producers and distributors; (6) Airports and airfields; (7) Fuel cell companies.
Webinar recording is now available
You can read the full project summary here.
Who should attend?
The Future Flight Challenge needs diverse technologies, services and infrastructure to deliver an advanced aviation system. These webinars are ideal for those with expertise in sectors including data, digital, design, business models, automation, alternative fuels, air traffic management or social science. They’re also a must-attend for Local Authorities, end-users (e.g. NHS, Network Rail, asset owners) and partners (e.g. airports, infrastructure and asset owners), all key enablers to the success of the programme.
The Future Flight Café online series provides a forum to discuss ideas and create new opportunities. If you are working on a Future Flight Challenge project, want to get involved or even start your own project, join us.
By the end of each webinar you will have learnt more about the competition, one of the ongoing Future Flight Challenge projects and could have found a new connection to start your own Future Flight journey.
Here’s what’s scheduled for the series so far:
- 11th June | New situational awareness technologies towards integrated UAV operations
- 25th June | Transforming off-shore wind farm inspection using drone swarms
- 9th July | UK’s first remote low-carbon aviation test centre
- 16th July | Towards an innovative drone medical delivery network
- 23rd July | Transforming flight planning for the future aviation systems of systems
- 30th July | Towards a zero carbon, affordable, scalable and safer sub-regional air transport network
- 6th August | Towards a fully optimised and sustainable freight & logistics operational model
- 11th August | Delivering an integrated electric aviation system
- 13th August | Creating the first 19-seat hybrid electric aircraft
- 20th August | World first dynamic safe zone system for autonomous urban flight
- 27th August | SKYDROCELL: Improving autonomous flight safety with 3D risk maps
- 3rd September | Skybus: Transforming mobility through a mass air transport system
- 9th September | Creating an integrated and scalable flight management system for drones
- 10th September | ATOMICUS: Creating an integrated air cargo solution
- 14th September | Creating a safe coordinated operational environment for drones
- 17th September | Developing zero emission UAV flight